Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why I joined AGD

By: Jaclyn Osborne

Joining a sorority is something I never really thought about doing, and as a junior I’d pretty much dismissed the idea altogether. I am involved on campus, I have a solid group of friends, and my college experience has been more or less satisfying. The one thing I felt was missing was a real challenge, not just academically, but personally. When I thought of Greek life, nothing came to mind that could offer me the chance to grow as a woman, but having been through this whole experience I’ve quickly found that Alpha Gamma Delta at ASU has the potential to be so much more than I imagined a sorority could be. From the moment I met Rula and Hilary, I knew they were up to something good. I immediately knew I wanted to have whatever it was they were offering. Little did I know I would have the opportunity to work with women who, less than a year out of high school, are already looking to make significant impacts on our campus. Or that I would blessed with 85 sisters who are all looking to see positive change in one way or another. I see us not only coming up with amazing ideas to push our own limits and those of other organizations, but also having the drive and commitment to see them through. When I began this process I wanted to find a group where I could be inspired and empowered to change the world, and Alpha Gamma Delta is that group. We may start at Arizona State University, but I am confident that our impact will reach so much further.

No comments:

Post a Comment